in the Region 1-800-478-5614
The Aleutian Housing Authority (AHA) is the Tribally Designated Housing Entity (TDHE) for the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Region of Alaska. AHA received Emergency Rental Assistance money from the U.S. Department of Treasury, on behalf of our partner Tribes, for eligible households who have disproportionately suffered from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Need help completing an application?
Help is just a phone call away! This is a stressful time and we want this process to be as easy as possible. Our team is here to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. If you need assistance completing the application, have questions regarding eligibility, or would like to discuss the options for submitting an application, please don't hesitate to call.
Completed applications, including all required documentation, can be submitted using one of the following methods:
AHA does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and Americans with Disabilities Acts and provides equal housing opportunities as applicable.
Aleutian Housing Authority (c) 2018-2021
Email a Staff Member
Assistance can be used for the following:
- Rent and rental arrears;
- Utilities and home energy costs and arrears; and
- Other expenses related to housing and incurred due directly, or indirectly, to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Downloadable Forms and Info
You are eligible for this program if:
1. You or a member of your household meets at least one of the following criteria:
•Qualiﬁes for or is currently receiving unemployment beneﬁts. •Has been or is currently unemployed. •Has lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. •Has incurred signiﬁcant costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. •Has directly or indirectly experienced ﬁnancial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. You or members of your household can demonstrate a risk of homelessness or housing instability. To do so, at least one of the following statements must be true:
•Has received a rental eviction notice. •Has received past-due rent or utility notice(s). •Is at an increased risk of exposure to COVID-19 due to overcrowding. •Is delaying the purchase of essential goods/services to pay rent or utilities. •Is relying on credit cards or payday lenders to pay for rent or utilities. •Is depleting savings rather than wages to pay for rent or utilities.
3. Your household income is at or below 80 percent of the area median income (based on household size and the community you live in).
Please visit: https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il/il2020/select_Geography.odn or contact a member of our team to see if your household meets this requirement.
Mail: ATTN: ERA Program
Aleutian Housing Authority
520 E 32nd Anvenue
Anchorage, AK 99503
Assistance under this program is available to:
- Shareholders of the Aleut Corporation or enrolled members of one of our regional Tribes residing nationwide;
- Native Americans and Alaska Natives residing in the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Region;
- Other residents of the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Region.
Application Process and Deadline
Applications will be accepted until September 15th, 2021. The application period may be extended, depending on available funds. Completed applications will be pooled and prioritized for selection. To be considered in the first application pool, your completed application and all required information must be received by AHA no later than, Wednesday, September 15th, 2021.
First pool payments are scheduled to be made in October of 2021. Be sure to gather and submit ALL required documents. Failure to do so will delay processing of your application. Funding is not guaranteed, and all documentation will be verified to determine eligibility.
AHA will prioritize applications in the following order:
1. Households whose income does not exceed 50% of area median income.
2. Households with a member who is and has been unemployed for the past 90 days.
AHA will give preference to applicants accordingly:
1. Aleut Corporation Shareholders or Enrolled Members of one of the following Regional Tribes: Agdaagux Tribe of King Cove, Native Village of Akutan, Native Village of Atka, Native Village of Belkofski, Native Village of False Pass, Native Village of Nelson Lagoon, Native Village of Nikolski, Pauloff Harbor Village, Qagan Tayagungin Tribe of Sand Point, Qawalangin Tribe of Unalaska, Pribilof Islands Aleut Community of St. George, Pribilof Islands Aleut Community of St. Paul, or Native Village of Unga
2. Other Native American or Alaska Native Households residing AHA’s service area
3. Non-Native households, residing AHA’s service area