in the Region 1-800-478-5614
Where do I Submit the Application
Aleutian Housing Authority
Post Secondary Housing Assistance Program
All applications shall be delivered to AHAs' office at 520 E. 32nd Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99503, or postmarked no later than May 31st of each year.
The purpose of this program is to provide affordable housing assistance to qualified applicants in the form of rental payments for students who are pursuing a post secondary education.
The maximum amount allocated to each student will be $2,000 ($1,000 per semester). If documented need does not justify the entire amount, AHA may, at its discretion, award a lesser amount.
- Must be Alaska Native/American Indian - Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) and/or tribal enrollment verification is required as part of the application submission.
- Must reside in, or if currently in school, have resided in the Aleutian/Pribilof Islands Region immediately prior to submitting an application.
- Must have a household income less than 80% of the area's median income as established by HUD; participants will be required to provide documentation to verify the determination of low-income status.
- Must be a full-time student accepted into a college or technical school; and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and submit transcripts following each educational term to maintain eligibility while in school.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance from their chosen institution or a satisfactory explanation as to why such letter is not available at the time of application.
AHA will use the Adjusted Gross Income as defined for IRS form 1040 to determine income eligibility. Household tax returns for preceding years will be reviewed. The entire household income must be considered for determination. Income verification documents may not be more than 180 days old at the time AHA determines eligibility.
Scholarship awards will only be available to assist students with housing and payments will be dispersed directly to the Landlord, as provided on the rental agreement or to the School/Technical Training Institutions as stated on a campus account summary.
We are committed to excellence. We are active in our communities. We live up to our commitments - We do what we say we are going to do.
AHA Scholarship Application
Application Period and Requirements
AHA will accept applications beginning on April 1st of each academic year. AHA will award scholarships within each academic year. Applicants must specify on the application the academic year and period for which they are applying.
Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis based on the date of the postmark or delivery to AHA and available funding. In the event that there are unexpended funds after an application period, the deadline may be extended, at the the discretion of the Executive Director or their designee. The deadline to submit completed applications is May 31st 2022
How are Scholarships Awarded?
AHA will award scholarships within each academic year. All applications shall be delivered to AHAs' office at 520 E. 32nd Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99503, or postmarked no later than May 31st of each year. Again, awards will be made on a first-come, first-serve, basis based on the date of postmark or delivery to AHA if hand delivered.
AHA does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and Americans with Disabilities Acts and provides equal housing opportunities as applicable.
Aleutian Housing Authority (c) 2018-2022
Construction & Weatherization
Email a Staff Member