in the Region 1-800-478-5614
Aleutian Housing Authority
Post Secondary Housing Assistance Program
AHA will award scholarships on the academic school year. Prior to the beginning of each academic year, which for purposes of this program shall be April 1st. All applications shall be hand delivered to AHAs' office @ 520 E. 32nd Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99503, or postmarked no later than May 31st. Awards will be made on a “first-come, first-serve” basis based on the date of postmark or delivery to AHA if hand delivered.
The purpose of this program is to provide assistance to qualified applicants to provide housing assistance in the form of rental payments for affordable housing for students who are pursuing a post secondary education.
The maximum amount allocated to each student will be $2,000 ($1,000 per semester). If documented need does not justify the entire amount, AHA may, at its discretion award a lesser amount.
- Must be Alaska Native/American Indian - Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) and/or tribal enrollment verification is required as part of the application submission.
- Must reside in, or if currently in school, have resided in the Aleutian/Pribilof Islands Region immediately prior to submitting an application.
- Must have a household income less than 80% of the area's median income as established by HUD; participants will be required to provide documentation to verify the determination of low-income status.
- Must be a full-time student accepted into a college or technical school; and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and submit transcripts following each educational term to maintain eligibility while in school.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance from their chosen institution or a satisfactory explanation as to why such letter is not available at the time of application.
AHA will use the Adjusted Gross Income as defined for IRS form 1040 to determine income eligibility. Household tax returns for preceding years will be reviewed. The entire household income must be considered for determination. Income verification documents may not be more than 180 days old at the time AHA determines eligibility.
Scholarship awards will only be available to assist students with housing and payments will be dispersed directly to the Landlord, as provided on the rental agreement or to the School/Technical Training Institutions as stated on a campus account summary.
We are committed to excellence. We are active in our communities. We live up to our commitments - We do what we say we are going to do.
AHA Scholarship Application
AHA does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and Americans with Disabilities Acts and provides equal housing opportunities as applicable.
Aleutian Housing Authority (c) 2015-2021
AHA will accept applications beginning on April 1st of each academic year. Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis based on the date of the postmark or delivery to AHA, so don't be late! The deadline to submit completed applications is May 31st 2021
Email a Staff Member
Construction & Construction